Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's my party






Davis is a very blessed little boy who is VERY loved. He turned one on March 31, 2010. We had our family down last weekend and had a family party on Saturday and on Wednesday we had a friend party. He got way too many gifts and loved all the attention. He did not however enjoy his cake and getting messy. He loved it when his Mia gave him a plain cupcake without the icing. So thankful for all of our friends and family that got to celebrate Davis with us! We love you all so much and feel fortunate to have each of you in our lives. Davis has brought many joys to our lives this past year and we LOVE watching him grow and learn. I am gonna close with a letter to D from his daddy! (sooo sweet) Walker please don't be mad!!

Happy Birthday, to my sweet little boy!!! Today is a very special day for you. You might not realize it now, but you learn to love 3/31. A year ago today was the day that we first meet you face to face. Your mom and I were so excited to finally be able to see and touch you. It was love and first sight. Your mom had to work REALLY hard the day that you were born. When you are a little older, you will appreciate the story of your birth much more. Davis, you have turned our lives upside down, in a good way. You have reshaped our priorities and have taught us what it means to sacrifice. Thank you for teaching your mom and me those lessons. I have loved every minute that you have been with us. Even the times when you poop thru your cloths, even the times when you seem to cry and whine for no reason, and especially the times when you look at me and put your arms around my neck and hug me. Thank you for being such a sweet boy. Your mom and I are very proud of you. We pray that you will continue to be the sweet boy that you already are. I love you son and am excited about spending many more birthdays with you. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment