Saturday, September 12, 2015

First football game

Today was not only their first official football game but it was also picture day so we spent a lot of time at the ball field today!

ballball1ball2ball3

ball4

My little man…

ball5ball6

The bears

ball7

They won their first game by several touchdowns and D even pulled 3 or 4 flags, he wasn’t quite sure!

ball8

What he did on the field isn’t really that important to me, though. Yes, I want him to have fun, learn the sport and be a good teammate and sportsman, but all I can think about is the memories he is making with his daddy. being a coach is tough and coaching your kid might just qualify for one of the toughest jobs out there. Walker isn’t alone, he helps coach with some amazing other dads and I love seeing what they teach the kids and how much fun they have.

football 001

But…seeing my boy with my man is one of the sweetest things EVER. I pray D sees his daddy as his coach, his friend, his teacher, his playmate but most importantly as his hero and person that points him to HIM. I pray walker sees D as not only his son, his student, his buddy but also a tiny soul who is looking to him for guidance in life on and off the field. May their bond grow deeper and stronger every day. AMEN! 

football 003football 004

football 005football 006

This sweet little girl may not have her daddy as her “real” coach yet but she sure adores him and with him around all wrong is made right, all boo boos are healed and tears are turned to giggles and laughter! You are loved my dear!

football 008football 009football 010

This child had me at his first smile and still continues to have me at his toothless smile!

football 011football 036football 038

I’m also impressed with D’s versatility and love for all sports and all things active. My momma isn’t really what you would call a sports person, but she instilled in me that kids need to play and be outside as much as possible. I’m so glad she gave me that desire! We got home from the game and he immediately began riding his scooter…

football 012

to playing baseball…

football 021football 022

football 024football 025football 028football 029

to hula hooping…

football 034football 035

his daddy even had to get him some…HA!

football 039

Emmy even learned to ride her bike, d’s old one, without pedaling backwards, cause we all know that is a struggle!

ball9ball0

Daddy coaching her along the way..

football 013

football 016football 017

 

No comments:

Post a Comment