Saturday, March 13, 2010

Got milk...

SO I gotta to tell you a funny story about giving Davis his first cup of cow's milk. I am going out of town next weekend for Ladies Retreat and since I am always here I have no stored milk. I also am unable to pump, since Davis is almost a year, I have no extra milk!! SO the doctor said it would be fine to give him some cow's milk while I was gone and begin the weaning process. Walker and I decided to give him some before next weekend just to see how he would adjust to it and boy were we surprised. I gave him the sippy cup and he took two drinks (which he usually guzzles for like a minute) and handed the cup to his daddy and stuck out his tongue and shook his head no! WE started laughing and couldn't believe he didn't like it, so I decided to hold off awhile from nursing him so he could see he needed to drink his milk from the cup and not mommy. We sat in the floor to play with his truck when he immediately jumped up and went straight to "our spot" (this is the cushion on the couch where I always nurse him) and started pointing to it and crying! Even if he doesn't have the words to say so he was totally saying "momma get over here and feed me some milk, you know how we always do it!!" IT was so funny and at the same time so sweet. He is such a lover! He loves hugs and constantly gives his hugs freely. I gave in and nursed him since it was his first time with the milk but this weekend could be a real challenge for daddy! Good luck Walker and DAvis!

No comments:

Post a Comment