Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DIY projects…

I have been inspired lately to do some things myself so one day I conquered three projects and I was quite proud of myself! First I made foaming soap…so easy and super cheap!

What you need:

  • Liquid hand soap (I would not suggest using the thick or creamy soaps. I have found clear soaps work best)
  • Foaming bottle (I don't throw away my bottles from previous purchases)

How to do it:
First, fill the empty foaming bottle with about an inch of soap on the bottom. You can fill it with a little more if you want, but it isn't really necessary.
Next, fill the rest of the bottle with tap water.
After the bottle is full turn the bottle upside down, side to side and mix the soap into the water. Do not shake, it will get really sudsy and not work as well.
There you have it, homemade foaming soap!

Then I made cream of something soup, instead of buying those crazy expensive cream of something soups I made my own and it felt so good!

Cream of "something" soup recipe

1 cup non-fat dried milk

3/4 cup cornstarch

1/4 cup bouillon (if you have cubes you have to smash them up)
You can use whatever kind you like (ie, beef, veggie)

4 Tablespoons freeze dried minced onions (I used the minced onions from Sam's Club)

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon dried thyme (I couldn't find the thyme so I used dried parsley instead)

1 teaspoon pepper

(For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook until thick)

And last I made my own laundry powder. This was a little premature since I still have some soap, but I had been researching it for awhile and had all the supplies so I decided to go with it! I cannot wait to use it! IT smells sooo good!

1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax- Found in the detergent aisle

1 (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda- Found in the detergent aisle

1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean- Found in the detergent aisle. (This is optional but I highly recommend adding it)

2 (14.1 oz) Bars of Zote Soap- Found in the detergent aisle (we chose to do pink for the scent but the white would be just fine. You can also use Fels Naptha)

1 (4 lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda- Found in the cooking aisle (You could also get two 2 lb box, we couldn’t find the larger 4lb box when we went)

1-2 (55 oz) Bottle of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener- Found in the detergent aisle (This is 100% optional. Like I said, my laundry detergent must smell good and I really like soft towels)

Sorry no pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment